Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Digable Planets got it going on



I was blown away by the first Digable Planets album, it came out when I was in High School and it was something that was on instant rotation in my Sony Walkman cassette player from the moment I got it. I was such a fan that when they came to Colorado for their first tour, I was the second person in line to see the show at the Gothic. This show was also one of the main reasons I became a dj, as this was one of the first times I saw King Britt on the one's and two's handling business. They fell off shortly after the second album, but I found myself pulling out Reachin' from time to time and listening to it would just flood my brain with those old feelings I had when I first heard it. A good friend of mine brought them up the other day on Facebook, so I decided to see if there were any remixes out there that I had not heard yet. Well I found a couple, but I'm going to drop just these two gems on you today. I really like the smooth keys of the Choongum remix, they really transform the track to a different level. Beyond Z take "jettin'" strip out the vocals and do almost a smooth jazz cover of the track, but it still retains enough of the original to make it recognizable. Check em out and holla at me if you got any other remixes of DP I should know about. Peace

10th Wonder (Choongum Remix) by Digable Planets
10th Wonder (Choongum Remix) by Digable Planets by Choongum

Digable Planets - Jettin' (Beyond Z version)
Jettin' (Beyond Z version) by The Longfellow Project

No comments:

Post a Comment