Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Huh Huh huhhh Kurtis Blow



Kurtis Blow, what can I say that haven't been said about dude. He was one of the Original M.C.'s out of New York to really break out big and become a huge star when hip hop was just breaking. He is way over-sampled, to the point that I never want to hear a "These are the breaks" sample again, ever. He broke big way back in 1979 with Christmas Rappin'. Copycat did a little re-edit of Rappin' Blow, which I posted a link too below, as Im sure the soundcloud will die any minute now. I also included "Party Time", which for me is the best Kurtis Blow song ever. As it featured home-town heroes Trouble Funk on the beat.

Kurtis Blow - Rappin' Blow Pt 2 (COPYCAT'S Slight Re-edit) by COPYCAT

Kurtis Blow - Rappin' Blow Pt 2 (COPYCAT'S Slight Re-edit).mp3

Kurtis Blow - Party Time

No comments:

Post a Comment